I was the happy recipient of two acts of service today that I was very grateful for and thought I'd jot them down to look at when I'm perhaps feeling a bit put upon.
I live in Rexburg. There is a lot of snow in Rexburg. Every once in a blue moon the snow plows actually plow the streets instead of either intentionally shining them, or leaving them to be packed and glossed by the not so heavy, but constant traffic. Apparently there was a blue moon last night and they decided to plow this morning. Usually I would rejoice at such a thing! The only problem was that today was garbage day and I had to get our garbage can over that heap of snow that they plow off the roads and into your driveway entryway. bummer. So I began the tedious process of shoveling us out early this morning only to stop because I was poorly dressed (still in PJ's), I didn't know what my two boys were up to inside, and I wasn't quite in the mood yet. But I got the garbage can out. Later that day I had a second go at it because I knew it had to be done and I was dressed. Hard work. I managed to get a quarter of it done (mind you I'm just shoveling at the end of the driveway where it meets the street) when I noticed Jordan Benedict shoveling two houses down. College kid, lots of muscle. Yep, wished he were helping me. Kept shoveling. Got half of the entry done and realized that our mail wouldn't be delivered if I didn't get the mailbox shoveled out. I was just finishing that laborious process when I heard a snow blower heading up the street. Jordan had finished his driveway, done the next door neighbor's and was now offering to help me!! I was elated. My wrists and lower back had had about all they could take for the day. Thank you Jordan!! He knocked out in less than 10 min. what would have taken me another 40 minutes. The Lord really does answer prayers.
I went to Wal-Mart today and found a great Christmas gift for the kids. I was pretty preoccupied with keeping their little eyes away from it and didn't even notice that I walked away from the cash register without my eggs. I'd gotten all the way out to the car when a guy stopped me (not a Wal-Mart employee) and asked if I'd left a carton of eggs inside. Eyes big, "YES!" He made a split-second decision after seeing that I had three kids in tow with a cart full of groceries on a cold night and said, "I'll run back in and get them for you." He went all the way back in, got my eggs, and brought them back out! I was so grateful.
4 comments:
These are the moments that restore, both people.
Eggcellent.
:)
These are the things that keep you going! thanks for the post!
So nice. I always mean to write these things down and forget - good for you!
Post a Comment