It's our family's turn to clean our church building. We took the kids for the first time last night to let them help serve and give them a chance to experience something new. Patrick was paired with Michael and Bekah with me. Apparently Patrick kept saying, "Cleaning the church makes us SO happy so other kids can come to the church and be happy". We had to smile. Bekah helped me plug the vacuum in and unplug it each time we were done with a room. She's always loved to help with the vacuuming, but she was extra excited last night. She was bounding to and from outlets doing her best with her meager muscle supply to push that plug into the outlet and then pull it out again only to fall backward with the force of her effort!! It seemed to me that they could tell they were doing something good and they liked it. I'm so grateful that we had this chance to show our kids that we love our church building and are willing to serve to keep things clean. (Patrick was so determined to help that while Michael was vacuuming the chapel he tried to drag a vacuum from the maintenance closet to the chapel single-handedly to help. Unfortunately, he got there after Daddy was done and was distraught that he hadn't been able to help. We told him that he could be the "vacuum man" for tonight.)
We've had sun this whole week!!! Hurray!!!
My tendonitis is gone. I can tell that I still have to be aware of it so it doesn't flame up again, but I can move again and I'm not in pain. Glorious day!
My Dad announced last Sunday that he's getting re-married this fall. Not sure how "happy" I am about this, but I'm glad that it makes HIM happy. It seems that being remarried will give him better purpose and more fulfillment. I just wish that we all knew her better. (But I suppose I'M not marrying her - HE is. It doesn't matter tons if I know her very well.)
2 comments:
That story of your kids with the church was adorable! How long are you responsible for cleaning the church? I would think that it takes a long time. I know it does in our building...
I wish I were more happy about serving as you are. My kids love it. We had so much to do this last time, I gave the oldest 2 their own vacuum and they went to it in the primary! It's great to have them help so willingly and so happily. We all left uplifted.
Congrats to your dad...that would be very mixed emotions for you. Sorry about that. (On a positive note, he's getting married--a lot better than what mine is doing).
Post a Comment