Monday, July 26, 2010

Armageddon?

A week or so ago we had an incredible black and orange cloud move in over the city. We couldn't figure out where it came from. It looked like smoke, but we couldn't smell fire or see the source. People started pulling over in front of the temple to take pictures because the temple was such a stark white against the cloud. And Mikey thought it looked like some dooms-day something on his way home from work in Idaho Falls. Turns out that it was a fire at the INL plant in Idaho Falls and it was big enough that it reached us 30 minutes away. Here are some of the pictures we got from that night.



6 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

That's what you get for leaving ZION! You know you're not safe out there in that wicked mission field....

=)

Dawnie said...

That top picture is really cool.

Kristen Brady said...

Wow - that first picture is awesome! Glad everything turned out to be okay!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive pictures.

Hannah said...

WOW!! I wasn't sure what to think of the picture at first. Then I read through your stuff and wondered how in the world I could have missed something like that. :( Too bad I didn't see it!

LOVE the picture though

Mindy said...

That is weird! Made for some pretty pictures though.