Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm So Very Behind

I feel like I live my life constantly looking in the past. I don't want to do that anymore. I really need and want to catch up. I feel like there are so many pictures in iphoto that need a home on my blog. I complained to Michael last night that I haven't updated my blog for so long. He told me to let it go and not worry about it. But I countered with the fact that this blog isn't for other people - it's to catalog and keep our history as a family. It's to journal the childhood of our children for posterity! I'm committed to catch up. Look out for a slew of new posts soon.

4 comments:

Melyssa said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel like the entire summer has gotten away with me and I have SO much blogging to do now that the task seems so daunting. Ugh!!! :) Good luck with catching up!

Mindy said...

I have to write in my journal to feel like I am doing just fine...and blogging goes along with that. There is something refreshing about "getting it all out" or feeling like you're not going to lose history.
Sometimes, I just have to put up pictures when they come in and short subtitles...and put the longer more detailed stories in my journal. It's cleansing. Live in the moment, write as it happens....and catch up as soon as you can, but don't put so much pressure on yourself that it makes you sick. :)

Hannah said...

I know. Hence the intense amount of blogs lately. It is my journal. If this database goes, my life goes. :( Anyway, I feel you!

And just so you know, I check this thing regularly!

Marianne Hales Harding said...

I don't want to discourage you from updating your blog, because I love to read it...but remember we can spend so much time documenting life that we forget to live life. Don't stress! But when you have a minute, we, your faithful readers, totally enjoy the journal of the childhood of your children. :)