Sunday, April 3, 2011

News Flash

We've been up and down a lot over the last few months. Michael found out about a job opportunity with Enterprise Rent-a-Car back in October and he's been aching to do it since. He's been working hard to get the numbers and "scratching the right backs" to get there. Just two days ago he got the call that he was getting promoted to this new position!

This means that we are moving to Cincinnati, Ohio! I'm thrilled about this for several reasons. It's closer to parts of his family and we've never lived anywhere close to his side. This will give my kids a chance to get to know their only cousins. It's out in the "mission field" - specifically in the eastern part of the country. Granted, it's not on the coast, but it's still on EST. It's so close to MANY of the church history sites and I've never been able to see/experience those. The elevation is 450 ft. -- right now we're at 4,000 ft. I think Rebekah will breathe a little easier. Michael's hours will be better and therefore allow for more family time. Mostly, it will be a better balance. We will get to stay there for a guaranteed 4-5 years. I've been moving every 18 months or so for my entire marriage. It will be nice to be somewhere for a little while. It will mean some BIG changes for everyone in the family and I'll have to leave my family behind, but I feel this is where the Lord wants us. We've felt good about this from the start. So beginning April 28th we will say "goodbye" to Rexburg and even Utah/Idaho for a time and begin out journey. Around April 30th we will say "hello" to Ohio and a new chapter of life!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! What a great thing to have a more permanent position and be in the midwest! (Just as a reminder, we live on HWY 80 in Iowa City, and would love to host you if you need to make a stop along the way!)

peterfam said...

We live in Ohio too! (granted we live on the other side of Ohio- about 4 hours away). If you ever want to go east, stop by! Maybe we will see you at the Columbus temple sometime. Congratulations! It will be exciting!

Jenny and Al said...

What exciting news for you guys! Congrats to Michael on the promotion! I'm sure it will be nice for you guys to feel settled for a few years. Good luck packing!

Hannah said...

The only exciting thing about that news is that it is all going down before I get there so I can visit when I trek west.. Otherwise, you can Forget About It!

Just kidding... I do look forward to a lot of good Karma coming your way! I love you!

Kat Curtis said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations in so many ways - promotion, stable place to live for years (!), back east, mission field - all good things! Good luck with the move too. :)

Kristen Brady said...

Congrats! So happy for you. I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio, for eight years of my life, and I have such great memories of that area. You will love it. Good luck with the move!