Sunday, March 27, 2011

Savior of the World


Last night ranked as one of the most wonderful musical and spiritual experiences of my life. That's saying a lot for me. Although I've lived in Utah and Idaho since 1995, I've never seen the Savior of the World production. It's just never come up. But BYU-I did it this semester with the community being involved. Eli felt strongly that he should do it and convinced my dad to participate as well. I would have if I'd known we were going to be sticking around for so long. But I really didn't have a clue, so I didn't feel that I could. I was so touched that I cried through most of it. They were very modern and free with the costume interpretation, but stuck strictly to the script.
I was moved by Elizabeth and Zacharias's experience and their faith. The faith of Mary and Joseph as they find that they are in a most precarious position carrying the Son of God. The faith of the shepherds to be so obedient. I was grateful for the bits of Hebrew history and tradition that they put into the script. The way that the apostles and disciples were bouyed up after the Savior was resurrected. Eli and my Dad did a beautiful duet as the two disciples who walked with Him on the road to Emmaus. I was busting at the seams with pride in how wonderful they sounded and my spirit was so bright as testimony was born to me through the Holy Ghost. This was truth and goodness in one of it's purest forms!
I'm so grateful for my Lord and Savior! He died for me and atoned for my sins that I might live with Father in Heaven again! I will be forever indebted to Him and his mercy. I will sing His praises forever - even after my voice has become worn and wobbly! I know that He lived on earth, that He still lives. And I know that He will return to rule and reign in the millenium as the earth renewed. I want to live my life in a way that allows me to be a part of those things should I still be alive when they occur. I want to be worthy to be with Him always and to prove my worthiness to live with my Father again. If I am able to do this my soul will shout with joy and I will rejoice forever in His glory! I am truly humbled that He knows me so well and loves me despite my shortcomings. Even then He gives me a way to renew myself and be born again as a new creature in Him. I'm grateful for repentance and for the atonement.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I am so glad that you got to watch this performance! It is such a moving musical!