This weekend was very similar to a snowball that starts the avalanche. Fortunately for us, the avalanche was controlled and nobody was injured. To make a long story short: we ended up having Rebekah's birthday party Saturday (she insisted on having it ON her birthday), then the next day we spoke in church, Michael played the organ in Sacrament, and I subbed as Primary Chorister. Then we ended up taking a meal to a family that had just moved in the day before.
Despite all the busy-ness, it was a great weekend. We needed to finish preparing for our talks, but somehow we didn't have to banish the kiddos to the basement to focus. Heavenly Father must have been strengthening us to do all that we needed to do and giving us the focus to multi-task in a way that is not as common for either of us. Everything turned out well and it was one of the most "Sabbath worthy" Sundays we've had in a while. I'm grateful for the inspiration of the spirit that allowed us to plan ahead enough that we were not overwhelmed. We've been very blessed in the last few months.
BTW: I have a LOT of pictures on my phone that need to be posted. They will come soon. I just have to actually transfer them...
1 comment:
I didn't realize you were doing all of that this weekend! And you still made time for us to bug you. Thanks for talking with me whenever you have the chance! I love you lots and lots!
Post a Comment