Friday, June 24, 2011

Super Mommy!....or Not

Yesterday was AWESOME.   I got up early.  I exercised.  I got breakfast for kiddos.  I got stuff out to make bread and realized I had no yeast.  Minor setback.  I showered and bought yeast at the store.  I made bread WITH the kids helping.  I helped them make birthday presents for a friend while it was rising.  I cleaned and picked up parts of the house.  I made dinner, practiced the piano, and cleaned up afterward.  I was sneezing and blowing my nose the whole time without thinking twice about it.  It seemed to me that it was just allergies.  My energy was fine and my body wasn't aching. 

But this morning was a whole different story.  I was sick.  My throat felt raw and swollen and I had absolutely no desire to do anything but lounge.  So I did.  I read a book basically by myself until 2:30 in the afternoon.  I took a long bath.  I didn't make dinner - we had leftovers.  Miraculously my kids only watched one movie by themselves today and nobody was injured.  Let's just say I was not "involved" today. 

Guess we all have our good days.  And we all have our bad days.  Mine just came one after the other.  Good thing tomorrow is a new day!  My head may not feel quite so much like the anchor of the Titanic under 10,000 lbs. of crushing water and my nose may have a chance to heal from constant blowing.  I just wish I hadn't passed it on to my kids.  If wishes were fishes......

2 comments:

Emily Petty said...

It is crazy how one day (or one moment in my case) can be so great and the next one completely different! Hope you're feeling better!

Hannah said...

It sounds like you needed the day of Rest and Relaxation! You were busy the day before!