Thursday, December 1, 2011

Journal Entry in Photos

Back in March sometime I started developing these rashes.  Usually it happened when I scratched an itchy spot, but sometimes it just happened after my skin was touched.  I got diagnosed, but I don't remember what it was called.  Turns out the rashes are actually more like a welt in response to whatever touch is slightly harsh to my skin.  I hear that eventually I won't have to deal with this, but I don't know when it will finally subside.
He found the markers and colored all over his body.  So I sent him to his room.  He must have been crying on his marker blackened hands, 'cause this is what I found at the top of the stairs waiting for me.  I laughed pretty hard!

Andrew had his birthday on Nov. 18th.  He loves trains and particularly Thomas the Train.  I attempted to do a mountain and clouds on top and this was the best I could do.  Cake decorating was never a strong point in my family.  Though I thought it turned out pretty well, considering. 

We had a few friends over and opened presents.  These were some of the spoils of the evening - a car ramp and a bunch of train tracks!

I made my first Pumpkin Pie from scratch.  I started with one of the small sugar pumpkins and made puree.  Then I found a recipe for pumpkin pie and completed it!  Finished product below.
I made my first turkey!  It turned out beautifully and both Michael and I felt it was easier than expected.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

When I looked at Andrew's drawing I was in shock! I though he had wounded himself or something. It was funny once I learned what was really going on. HA!

Awesome job on the pie. It looks nice and moist! I have a hard time believing that is your first turkey... How is that possible? Like.... I have been making my own turkey for a long time now but not just because I am independent... Have you been at family houses for every Thanksgiving or something?

The cake with Thomas is cute! I wish, sometimes, that we had spent more time decorating cakes... We just didn't :( You did well on this one! I usually like the ones you have tried. I hope these ideas come to me when I am a mother.

Kat Curtis said...

The turkey looks beautiful! What recipe did you use? I am making a turkey this weekend, and need to start thinking of recipes, if you don't mind passing it on. :) Have a Merry Christmas!