Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ramblings

I went to Parent/Teacher conference tonight for Bekah.  her teacher really likes her.  Beforehand, however, I noticed a few teachers walking out in the hall.  I wish someone would teach all female teachers how to walk in heels and skirts.  Most of them would have looked fine in pants, but when you wear a skirt you need to walk with your knees together and work the hips or you look sloppy and unrefined - to say the least.  Don't walk like a man!  God made you a woman for a reason!
K- enough about that.  :)

Here is a recent text that I sent to Michael:

Patrick asked this morning who the first prophet was.  Then the second, etc.  I found that I didn't really know.  So once Bekah was on the bus, we got my scriptures out and looked it up.  I ended up telling him about Enoch, Noah, when the land split, and the brother of Jared.  He got so excited several times that he jumped in my lap and gave me random hugs!  We talked about why people are wicked - how our spirits want righteousness and our bodies generally want wickedness and that we have to make our spirits strong so they can be master over our bodies and choose righteousness.  He grinned the whole time!  I cherish these moments!  He's such a good, sweet boy!

Long, but it tells a lot about the kind of boy that Patrick is and the kind of moments that really teach.  He loved this time so much.  The spirit was there.  In fact, that night in his prayers he asked Heavenly Father to help his spirit be stronger than his body.  I truly hope that a testimony is growing inside of him!


 Sorry it's fuzzy - but he's so happy!

2 comments:

Emily Petty said...

That's impressive!

Hannah said...

I love this little boy! I also like the picture you have of him!