So for those of you who ventured onto the blog on a certain night this week you would have found suspicious videos of empty houses. Yes, we're looking at buying a house. But nothing's official. Michael had taken some videos of one in particular and wanted to show his parents. He figured it would be fastest to upload them onto the blog..... He sheepishly told me about them and your comments later. Oh, well. The cat's out of the bag.
We have a tradition where we talk to our kids for a few minutes right after bedtime. It's their special time. We try to incorporate gospel things, but most of the time it's just talking about whatever. Tonight Michael was tucking him in and suddenly Patrick says,
"Daddy, sometimes you're mean to us."
???!!!
M: (surprised) Was I mean today?
P: No. (pause) Sometimes you get mad at us.
M: (stumped)
P: Yeah. Tomorrow you should talk to the mailman (???) and ask him for a magazine from the prophet to help you learn how to be a better daddy. Just like Mommy has one to help her be a better mommy! (reference to the conference ensign that I've been reading. I told them it helped me learn how to be a better mommy.)
M: Yeah, sometimes I need to be better at that, huh? Maybe we can work on that together.
P: No - just you. And then you can tell me what you learned from the prophet! :)
M: Okay. I'll work on that.
M: (unsure how to respond)......Okay. Goodnight Patrick.
We had a good laugh.
One More:
Patrick is constantly telling us about how his tummy is feeling. I think this stemmed from us trying to teach them about feeling full, verses wanting to be done to play and then being hungry an hour later. The translation got lost somewhere though. Here are a few things out of Patrick's mouth lately about his tummy.
"Mommy, my tummy says I'm full." (Pretty normal, right? This happens when he really is full and often when he just wants to be done.)
"Mommy, my tummy tells me I'm going to be sick tomorrow."
"Daddy, my tummy says you need to scratch my head and pet my face."
"My tummy says I need to go play outside."
"My tummy says I need ____(fill in this blank with whatever sweet seems to be readily available)."
Seriously, his tummy seems to be the spokes-thing for his entire body. We get a good kick out of it and it will be something we will probably razz him about for most of his life - in the same way that my family still gives Eli a hard time about refusing to answer to any name but John for a good year of his life, or Hannah for using the shampoo and conditioner bottles as leads in her latest drama whilst taking a bath. I'll try to add more as they come along, but these seem to be some of the best that I can remember at the moment.
2 comments:
Hahaha! That's hilarious.
Pet my face!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Post a Comment