Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Joke's On Me

I know I have a LOT of catching up to do including, but not limited to, anniversary and moving stories along with all the normal living with 3 active children stories.  They will make it eventually.

Recently I went to Victoria's Secret to get a new bra.  Occasionally they send out coupons to people who subscribe and some creep that lived there before us forgot to change his address so we got those lovelies in our mailbox.  Seeing that I rarely go shopping for myself and even more rarely go shopping for bras, I didn't trust my old size.  I was refitted.  They told me I was a 32D.  ??????  My jaw hit the floor.  I always imagined D cups being - well - not my size.  They give you the box of demos to try on and then there's the awkward moment when they come in to check you.  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't wear certain undergarments.  I'm never sure of how to handle that, especially now that I'm not in Mormonland anymore.  Long and short of it was that I was in a hurry because Michael was waiting for me and it was closing time.  I bought two.

Fast forward to the next day when I discovered that I could barely breath when I put one of those babies on.  To add insult to injury, the cup size didn't seem to be big enough.  I felt as if I had lumps on my lumps (ya know?). 

So now how to get back?  The closest store is a good 30 min drive one way and it's not a place you want to bring your 3 young children who feel the need to touch anything that is not theirs despite your best efforts to enforce the rule of "If it's not yours, you don't touch it without asking".  And I didn't want to drag Michael back to stand around in the store and waste precious date time.  So I got a sitter while Michael was out of town. 

I was re-fitted.  I was still measuring the same, but explained the problems with the last ones.  We started trying a 34C - too low cut.  34D - better cup fit, but I had it on the tightest hooks.  If it ever stretches out you want to be able to make it smaller so they gave me a 32DD!!!  Now I was seriously wondering about their abilities.  What was even more crazy was that it fit.  I was incredulous.  "Are you sure they didn't just resize all of them just to make us feel better about ourselves?"  I asked.  They just laughed and assured me that this was real. 

So for all of you A's and B's out there who haven't been fitted in a while, watch out.  You may be in for a shock.  And beware, the double sizes cost a few bucks more.  :)

6 comments:

Jill said...

face it, you just have huge boobs. :)

Derek and Amanda said...

Ok I love this. I feel like boob talk is so great, but so many people are so awkward about it. I just love you more and more every time I read this thing. I wish you lived closer so we could be friends and I could come play mommy with you and your kids! Also, big boobs. Gosh I feel ya. When I was a senior in high school, I still thought I was an A. Turns out I was a 34C. I was shocked. Then I went in when I was getting married and found out I was a 32 D. I think those are pretty much the same, but now they're getting too tight. I don't even wanna know what I'm gonna be when I'm pregnant/nursing. I'm scared.

Hannah said...

I remember the time when I got my first D cup. I literally cried the whole way home. Then I remember when I was told that I had shrank from a 38 D. Of course, I thought that meant I went to my favorite size, 34 B. No such luck. "You are a 34....... DD." WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?! I was DD for a LONG time. Loved those bras! Just recently went back to a D but... I don'tknow how long that is going to last. So, I just have come to accept that Vickie's will be my home every 6 months.

Kristen Brady said...

Yep, double D here all the way also - and I think I have my children to thank for that. Sure thought they'd look a whole lot better at this size than they actually do... guess I have my children to thank for that also!! :)

Esther said...

The exact same thing happened to me last week!! I thought it was just as crazy. I was really a 32D, but I had to go double in the style that worked best for me... Maybe it's genetic.

chelsea mckell said...

Oh wow. Boob talk! Totally up my alley! I dream someday of finding that perfect bra, one that lifts perfectly. Sigh. Mine now does the lumps on lumps - bleh! :-)