Friday, September 7, 2012

Dear Lord....

Why did you have to make cockroaches?  On top of that, I learned at our museum that they were the only creature to survive the dinosaur extinction - WHY?  Surely Noah was not commanded to gather cockroaches?  I know, I know.  Now that Adam and Eve are out of the Garden of Eden, there are many things that were brought about to afflict and torment man.  But did we really need roaches too?  I've dealt with them more here than I ever did in blazing St. George.  Bleck!  I'm handling it better, but I think I'd rather deal with spiders - as much as I hate them.  At least there is a way to get rid of those. 

Anyway, I've been noticing a lot of other blessings and creations that really do edify and beautify the earth.  I'm grateful for the Fall season and all that comes with it.  Could you help it come a little more swiftly?  My shorts won't fit for much longer...  I've loved having a little extra one-on-one time with Andrew.  Bekah and Patrick have discovered friends in the neighborhood and I'm so grateful!  Only, they haven't been able to play here yet.  It's a tad lonely.  Perhaps that's okay because I'm teaching voice in the afternoon and at least they're burning off a little energy if they are playing.  Michael has been seriously guided at work lately and many blessings can be seen there.  I've had so much more energy despite waking up so early for school and the bus.  I've been able to exercise and that has been great. 

Thanks for all that You do for me. 

Love,
Rachael

P.S.  When the second coming comes, could you destroy the cockroaches first?  That would be great. 

2 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

Love all of the recent updates! I seriously can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute. Also, cockroaches. Ewwwww. I HATE them. My house in AZ growing up had them, but now that it's my own place, they drive me insane. That's my one reason for being excited to leave NY.

Jill said...

We have the kind {along with other kinds...} that FLY!! We'll be sitting at night watching TV and see something fly across the room--only to watch it land and start running right at us. Why do they run at us? They know something we don't. I hate them, too. HATE THEM.