Patrick's first day of school was uneventful. When I asked him how it went (mind you this was after I told him he could not eat lunch at some boy's house whose name he didn't know and broke down in tears) he managed to grump out the words "boring and stupid". Lovely.
I won't go into the next hour of that day because it was so bad for both of us that he was sent to time out and I was left in a pool of tears. Not happy. I made him take a nap. We all did. Bad idea. Mommy had a hard time waking up which meant that everyone slept longer than they should have.
So bedtime came and went. Patrick was still awake. Nearly two hours after we had put him in bed, he sneakily crept into our view. When accosted, he quickly pulled out his tooth that had been loose for a month. "I lost a tooth!!!" (insert a frustrated shrug and sigh.)
He was pretty pleased with himself. I'm a little surprised that it happened so early, but some kids are like that. However, the tooth fairy was a tad unprepared for that event. I'd just spent all my loose change on paying for the chores they'd recently finished. I was keeping a quarter for the Aldi carts and that was about it. Fortunately, the tooth fairy managed to scrape up the $0.50 somehow and the tooth was claimed that night. Good thing too, 'cause I think he would've been one pouty little boy the next morning if it wasn't paid for.

2 comments:
Haha, oh what I have to look forward to. :) I love it. What a cute pic. And great post.
Owen's in Kindergarten, too, and I'm surprised at how many of his classmates have already lost a tooth! I guess you can't predict it. And sorry you had such a crummy day. Nothing like being pregnant and having to discipline. We all end up crying...
Post a Comment