.... in which I've definitely earned my good night's sleep. :)
It was the wonderous Father/Son's campout this weekend. That also meant that the mother's and daughters also had a time to bond. Bekah and I had great plans for the evening, but 2 hrs of the time was taken due to the curve balls that Life sometimes throws at us. So we ended up eating pizza and watching Princess Diaries for the first time. She was enchanted. I don't think she got it all, but she got the general gist and we had fun. That night she saw some neighborhood signs for a garage sale and we saw them prepping for it. She wanted to go - so we did! She took her own money and came away with quite the haul for about $3! That's my girl! I also got a good amount (most toward Christmas) for only $18.
Came home and knew I had to tackle the dressers upstairs. We were getting a hand-me-down from some friends and it was coming home today. So I pulled drawers out of two dressers, and pulled them both out of the room. I vacuumed underneath, moved a bookshelf (thank goodness it was on wheels!) and had barely finished when Michael arrived with the new dresser. It fit perfectly and looks so much better! Then I switched all the clothes - pulling out small ones as I went. In the meantime, I completely switched the girls room around and made both their beds.
Now where to put the two old dressers, you ask??? Well, there was an even older one in the guest room. It was holding Elisabeth's clothes and the poor visitors had nowhere to put their own. So we pulled all her clothes out of the oldest one, took it to the garage, and pulled the two from the boys room into the guest room. Viola! One for Elisabeth's clothes and one for guests. (They are both tall, skinny dressers.) I haven't loaded Elisabeth's clothes into the new one yet. I was pooped by this point. Instead I folded three loads of laundry with one more yet to do.
Whew!!
I wish I didn't still have to do the dishes, take folded clothes upstairs, and take a shower tonight before I go to bed......
Oh, well.
2 comments:
I felt like I needed that "Whew" at the end of reading about your day. Way to go!
Hooray for new furniture. Even better when it's free!
Post a Comment