Friday, September 27, 2013

Recipe for a Happy Home - episode 1

I'm going to try harder to capture the little moments of life that really make raising kids/having a family worth it.  I often get caught up in the mundane day to day things and forget how joyful it can be. 

A few nights ago we were reading scriptures.  Patrick decided to read in Genesis.  He was reading Genesis 3:6 which reads "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." 
He paused and asked, "Daddy, are they eating the fruit that Heavenly Father told them not to eat?"  Michael:  "Yep!" 
Patrick: "Oooh Dear!" (the voice inflection has to rise with the "Oh" and fall with "dear".)

Yep.  That's my boy. 


Elisabeth got her 6 month shots this week.  She is the most sensitive to shots of all my kids.  Because she's still relatively new, I forget that she gets feverish and EXTREMELY whiny a few hours after she gets them. 
Of course, directly after she gets them she's a mess and crying all sorts of loud protests.  But this time Andrew started singing to her.  She loves it when we sing to her.  It took me a few measures to figure out that he was singing "I am a Child of God"!  I melted and started singing with him.  Sure enough, she calmed down a little and just wanted to be held.  He really is a sweet boy.


In other news, I had a bit of excitement this week.  Monday dawned and at noon when I went out to run errands, I was greeted by the sight of three police cars in our cul-de-sac.  They were parked two houses away and left just before I did.  Hmm.  Next day I heard sirens.  Sure enough, a police car whirred into the neighbors driveway and was followed by FIVE - that's right - five other cars/SUVs and TWO ambulances.  They stayed for 10-15 min and left.  I don't think they took anyone with them either time.  No idea what's going on.  But both Michael and I agreed that we need to watch our kids more frequently when they are outside playing, and we need to keep the garage closed more consistently.  I hope this will not become a regular occurrence since this happened earlier this year...

1 comment:

Hannah said...

gross. I hate cops. I am glad you guys are ok!

Loved the post!