We're applying to get more term life insurance coverage for me. Naturally I had to get a physical done and some blood drawn. I haven't had such an odd medical experience in my life. The lady doing my physical was fine, but it seemed her training was a little dated. To take my blood she had me pump my fist and then clench my fist as she entered my vein with the needle. I've never had anyone ask me to do it that way before. Anyway - the next two days my arm was seriously bruised and then this beautifully colored thing shows up in my elbow area where I'd been poked. My conclusion?: The clenching of the fist was the culprit. My arm is still showing some pretty good color a week later. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it honestly looks like someone abused my arm!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Necessary Evils
We're applying to get more term life insurance coverage for me. Naturally I had to get a physical done and some blood drawn. I haven't had such an odd medical experience in my life. The lady doing my physical was fine, but it seemed her training was a little dated. To take my blood she had me pump my fist and then clench my fist as she entered my vein with the needle. I've never had anyone ask me to do it that way before. Anyway - the next two days my arm was seriously bruised and then this beautifully colored thing shows up in my elbow area where I'd been poked. My conclusion?: The clenching of the fist was the culprit. My arm is still showing some pretty good color a week later. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it honestly looks like someone abused my arm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment