Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Joys of High School

Fill this out about your years in high school! The longer ago it was,the more fun the answers will be!!
1. Who were your best friends? I really didn't have a particular group. I was a "floater". I spent time with the sports people on my team (though it was usually restricted to practice time), the Celest Porter crowd, the Erica Ranstrom crowd, the choir crowd, the Keely Rogers-Free crowd, etc. I remember spending a lot of time with Rebecca Pearson. I think she tended to float with me. When I got to Rexburg I spent time with Abby Jackson, Trina McBeth, Kyle Ricks and the crowds attached to them.
2. What sports did you play? I did basketball for a year until I realized how uncoordinated I felt on the court, and volleyball and softball until my sophmore year. I stopped because I moved.
3. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't have a car until my junior year (I think). It was an '84 Subaru hatchback named "Gus". The back bumper was duck-taped on. That's all I'll say about that. Lots of character. :)
4. On a Friday nights what were you doing? I stayed at home until I moved and finally decided that because I wanted friends that I would go to parties at others houses. When I got comfortable there I started throwing a lot of my own parties. Lots of nothing going on. But we had fun!
5. Were you a party animal? Not in the typical sense. Our "parties" consisted of watching a movie, eating food, and playing games.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Much to my own dismay, I found out later that I was considered to be a BIG flirt in high school.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in all three at one point or another. I took band for two semesters but only played my flute for one. I was drafted into the symphonic orchestra for a special concert at the end of the year. I was a choir constant all the way through.
8. Were you a nerd? I would certainly claim the title of choir or drama nerd. What can I say? I had fun. I also tended to be in those rooms alot.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? I got detention once in 4th or 5th grade and was mortified. Nary even a bad look from a teacher since.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? No. I don't know if I ever knew the whole thing properly anyway.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Peterson for helping my writing out of the dismal place it was my freshman year, Mr. Hinck for a wonderful choir experience, Mr. Haeberlie for an exciting and enlightening history class - seriously, Mrs. Madsen for making Shakespeare so alive that it had to be edited.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? Somewhere in the middle of the Commons area/lunch room. I only went off campus a few times all throughout high school.
13. Name the school full name? Blue Ridge High School, Madison High School
14. School mascot? A Yellow Jacket, Bobcat
15. School Colors?Purple & Gold, red black and grey
16. Rival high school? Show Low , Rigby
17. Did you go to Prom? Yes. I think I went three times.
18. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Parts of it, sure. All of it, no way.
19. What do you remember most about graduation? Necklaces of Fruit Loops being draped over the princpal's head as he read names.
20. Where did you go senior skip day? We didn't have one.
21. Favorite memory? Walking into musical theater being "drunk" on water with Trina. (It was the first one that came to mind. . .)
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? The commons area.
24. Have you gained some weight since then? Is this really important? I actually lost weight, but then I had my second child and I'm currently a pant size bigger than high school.
25. Who was your Senior prom date? There was one dance my senior year that I didn't go to and I think this was it. Kyle and I decided to take someone else out every other dance and this was the every other.
26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion? I'd love to.
27. Who was your home room teacher? We didn't do home room.
28. Who will re-post this after you? Ummmm . . .
29. Who was your high school sweetheart? Kyle Ricks. Fabulous guy. Still a good friend.
30. Do you still talk to people from high school? Occasionally. Trina, Kyle, Abby, Chris Call, Jill. That's honestly about it.
31.Did you win prom queen or king? I think I probably knew the people who won. Does that count?
32. Where did you work in high school? During the summers I worked at my Dad's medical clinic filing papers. Wa-hoo.
33. what were your grades? I was an A/A- student. I think I had a few B's.
34. What was your dress style? Generally it was jeans and a T-shirt. My mom kept hammering fashion into my head and it started to stick in my senior year. I'm ashamed to say that I still feel miles behind.
35. What year did you graduate? 1998

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love the post on H.S. Thankgoodness we all grown up, huh? :) Your babies are cute!

Jill said...

I meant, thank goodness we are all grown up now...That last post made me look like a back-woodsie hick...I all growed up! :)

Tiffany said...

Rachael hey this is Tiffany williams(Wilhelm)i saw you on Jill's blog, it has been forever, I just thought i'd drop in and say hi. You look great and your kids are cute!

Melyssa said...

Too funny! I will have to fill this out and post it on our family blog too! Thinking about high school always makes me cringe and laugh too! :)