Friday, October 5, 2007

Ten Standards for the Christmas Obsessed

1. Halloween is just a holiday that gets in the way of the "cheery" season.

2. When the leaves begin to change colors it becomes fall - indicating Thanksgiving and then of course, Christmas.

3. You begin listening to Christmas music as soon as the weather turns slightly chilly (this may or may not include the ridiculous radio stations that play Christmas music every day from October to December and often insult your ears by the arrangements they manage to come up with.)

4. You've already done half of your Christmas shopping.

5. You're excited for it to snow not because you love snow, but because you want to snuggle up with a hot cup of cocoa.

6. An excuse to begin using the oven again without roasting everyone out of the house.

7. You want to smell fresh-cut pine and cinnamon.

8. Unless you trying to lose weight (HA!) then you can eat all the goodies you want as you bake, pass along, and receive in return. Besides, who wants all the turkey and mashed potatoes to go to waste?

9. Parties! (not that I go to many, but I hear they are thrown often this time of year.)

10. The cold is the perfect excuse to cuddle up to that special someone. Maybe you'll even get a kiss out of it!

I admit it. I listened to two Christmas albums yesterday in their entirety. Yes, it's only the beginning of October.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I had hot chocolate for the first time Sunday. And now you have me thinking of Christmas music too!