Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Where does one begin?

I have many pictures and such to write about, so I'll throw them out in no particular order.

I've been wanting to capture some of Mt. Timpanogos's more beautiful moments and especially one picture for each season. So here is the beginning of that series.
A full moon just as the sun sets was a beautiful sight. All these pictures are taken from our back porch. Not many people can boast of a view like this. I love it!


I had to wait for a clear day to get the mountain in stark contrast to the sky. Too often they blend into each other and the clarity that we all wish from a picture is not there. Thus, just after a snow storm the sky is clear, blue, and the mountain cuts right through the blue to be noticed.
Can you say "Winter Wonderland"? It's October for heaven sake's!! I think this happen about a week and a half ago. That was a night that I was grateful for heating inside of my home.

I inherited this outfit from my cousin's kid when they moved. Highly appropriate since half the family is from Texas. I felt Patrick needed to represent his kinfolk. Besides, I love this last grin. All he's missing is teeth . . .

We're not sure how this one came about. Suddenly she was asking us to help her put on the hat and she was without bottoms. We've entered the stage in which dressing yourself (at least to an extent) has become very important. The only bonus about her above dressing habits is that I don't have to worry about her getting cold! She looked like this for a total of 3 hours: naptime opted for normal clothes over the hat and coat.

Her Mimi made Rebekah her first "fru-fru" dress. It turned out beautifully. The sash is currently missing because it's not held in place yet and ends up in her armpits if she so much as moves an inch once it's on. Thank you Mimi!! We received many compliments!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

What beautiful pics! Living so close to such a stunning mountain range is really a treat, isn't it!

Mandie said...

It was 80 degrees in Dallas yesterday. I'll take your snow in October over that any day!

Kat Curtis said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe you guys had SNOW!! I can actually live without snow, but it is beautiful!! ;) Your kids are CUTE!! I love the Halloween costumes.