Rebekah has had a whole new world open up for her here in Rexburg. While attending pre-k in St. George, we lived so close to the school that I felt it wholly unnecessary for her to ride the bus even though she really wanted to. She cried the first few days that she didn't get to get on the bus after school with her classmate Scott, but got over it. Now the school is 15 min away. Not on the other side of the world, but when I'm expecting a big change of family situation within a few months, I felt it warrented a chance to ride the bus. She was THRILLED when the bus pulled up to pick her up for the first time. Unfortunately, those pictures are on my mom's camera. So I got some today (her second day) and they still give the feel. Patrick also loves waiting for the bus in anticipation and then melts into a little puddle when Bekah gets to enter the big yellow twinkie and he doesn't. So Nanny found him a backpack today - which helped a little - and we are about to make his very own placemat with stickers that he chose at the store just for himself. I think we'll get over this, but it may take a month.
The bus was actually pulling up for this picture. They were both very distracted.
The other first for Rebekah was that Nanny signed her up for a beginning ballet class. She wore a leotard for three days straight leading up to and just after her first class. She's starting a month later than everyone else, but seems to fit right in with the level. I was pleased to see that she didn't really look any skinnier or less coordinated than some of the other girls. 'Course you get the entire gammet when you sign up for those kinds of classes, but she didn't stick out like a sore thumb as a kid who's struggled physically.
She was so excited that she couldn't look at me for longer than half a second.
When we first got here, Sariah was assigned to teach a miamaids mutual lesson by teaching the other girls in the class about dance and then helping them learn a small section of a dance she'd made up. So we spent some time in the dungeon together. This was the rather funny result:
When we first got here, Sariah was assigned to teach a miamaids mutual lesson by teaching the other girls in the class about dance and then helping them learn a small section of a dance she'd made up. So we spent some time in the dungeon together. This was the rather funny result:
5 comments:
I love the excitement in their eyes waiting for the bus.
The videos are hilarious! Bekah's got the moves. :) It's so nice of your mom to sign her up for ballet--we'll try not to be too jealous, but we are.
This video is a crack up! It's funny and also scary how kids imitate everything, isn't it? Ethan has been singing along to Colbie Callait in the car and Kyle raises his eyebrows at me when Ethan can sing "I've been waiting all my life and now I found ya...I don't know what to to, I think I'm falling for you.."
Anyway, your kids are cute. Fun to be so close to Grandma, huh?
How fun! I was such a wimp about the bus with Emily Lara and she expressed grrreat disappointment. You have a lucky girl! :)
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I need to be HOME. I am missing out! Your kids are so much fun and I can't wait to come home and see all the fun!
Poor Patrick! He probably thinks that his sister is always doing cooler things than he is.
Post a Comment