Monday, October 5, 2009

A Day with Daddy

Michael works long hours. I get antsy sometimes in the winter because it seems like he's out so late. That's just because the sun sets earlier making it feel like it's later when he gets home. But our venture in St. George helped both of us value and better use the time we DO have together. And the kids love to be with their Daddy. They love getting to climb on him almost daily, being tickled by him, wrestling with him, and being chased by him.

Well, before we found out we were moving, Michael had a day off in the middle of the week and we decided to fix Bekah's bike so it would be ride-able. We thought it would only take about 10 minutes, but it took the whole afternoon. The tubes for the tires proved to be more trouble than believed. And of course, the kids wanted to "help" Daddy the whole time. I was very proud of him for handling it so well.
The damage after a full afternoon "helping" Daddy fix the bike. I admit, it could be worse. But it's still a lot to clean up.
After all that work, the dog was more exciting than the bike and it didn't really get ridden. Thankfully, Michael didn't seem to mind.
After all of that, he went to blow bubbles with the kids on the back porch! I love you hon! You're my hero! And the kids were happy as clams.
These bubble wands are great under supervision, but I've decided that they aren't that great otherwise.
Here's a random one. It was just the two of us that afternoon as Bekah had gone to school. I love my little boy. I need to get my driver's license renewed soon - do you think they'd let me use this picture?

1 comment:

Melyssa said...

Good fathers/husbands are the best aren't they? There is a kind of magic about them that our kids crave & love!
P.S. I don't know if you could use your picture for your driver's license, but I know they will take pictures of you and your kids on your Sam's Club card! (Random I know, but one of my kids was crying and wouldn't let me put them down, so they are in the shot with me - hee hee)