Sunday, December 13, 2009

Old Memories - Shared

Being at my Mom's house has it's obvious advantages: saving money, more company, more family time, help with children, etc. But there have been some surprise blessings and discoveries that have been very fun for me and the kids. One of these is getting to read stories to my kids that were read to me as a kid. Tonight I opened these,



smelled the older pages, and felt joy as I began to read.
(Fortunately the kids enjoy them as much as I do.)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I hope you're taking advantage of story time at the library--it's one of the things we miss about Rexburg.

Emily Petty said...

That is fun! I've never read those books - I'll have to look them up!

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

I LOVE "But no Elephants". A few years ago, Devin and I went to Amazon.com and bought a bunch of childhood book and made that our christmas present for eachother. I was amazed at how cheap they were selling for. We probably got But no Elephants for 30 cents. With shipping, it came to aroud $3. Not bad!

Hannah said...

I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!!

Generational stitcher said...

I got our old copy of But NO Elephants and my kids killed it. Then we randomly got a stack of books form someone and there was ANOTHER copy of this book....LOVE IT!!! Pickle things is another favorite...