It turned out to be a mini family reunion and that was nice. We got to see a few cousins, and all the aunts and uncles came. We were lucky that the rain stopped when it did. Mikey, Eli, Esther and I had gone to the Rexburg temple earlier in the day to do baptisms and that was refreshing. Hannah had met a guy in Idaho Falls for a date earlier in the day and she showed up 15 minutes late for it - oops. I did appreciate those who came for the reception from our ward that the family has lived in for 15 years. It was also nice that a few of them asked me how all the siblings were doing before they went to talk to them. (Didn't want to step on toes or make a scene.) I told them that everyone was generally okay, but don't talk to Joseph or Esther about the wedding. Other subjects are fine. The kids had a great time because it was outside and there was a swingset.
Another occurance in my life that I never thought I'd have and I've lived to see the other side. :) There really are tender mercies in this life sent by my Heavenly Father. I have a wonderful family and I'm blessed that I have Mikey and my kids there to support me.
Another occurance in my life that I never thought I'd have and I've lived to see the other side. :) There really are tender mercies in this life sent by my Heavenly Father. I have a wonderful family and I'm blessed that I have Mikey and my kids there to support me.
3 comments:
I agree. It was a slightly different feeling to be in the dark. I am so grateful that you were all so supportive that weekend. Not only were we there for each other with the wedding situation, but all of you were supportive of my decisions that weekend. That meant a lot. I sure do love my family!
I feel like even though the wedding was stressful, the siblings were more unified than we have ever been. It was cool to see how grown up we have all become and how good we are to each other. :) Tender mercy!
What a tough situation! I'm glad you survived. If it were me, I may have been tempted to accompany my mom and boycott the wedding! Way to make the best out of any thing!
Sending you a big hug. I'm sure that had to be an...interesting...experience. Divorce is just one of those gifts that keeps on giving. We survived a remarriage here, too, and I felt about it just the way you put it...another occurance I never thought I'd have and I've lived to see the other side!
Post a Comment