Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Few Days Late...


Happy Birthday Little Baby Andrew!!!

My baby turned ONE on the 18th and I can hardly believe that it's been so long! He's still small for his age so it's extra hard for me to believe. But he looks and acts older already. He interacts with the other kids so much more (much to their joy and annoyance) and climbs/crawls/whines his way onto/into anything he wishes. Just today Eli found him climbing onto the dining room table which he shouldn't have been able to get up to. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure and for my memory. I apologize for the reverse order. Too bad kids don't really go from messy to clean through their eating process. That would be too convenient...





Approx. stats:
weight: 20 lbs.
height: 20% (I don't remember the numbers, just approximates)

About Andrew:
  • L-O-V-E-S his bottle. This will be the hardest child to break from the habit. But seeing as I have no other baby plans in the next year, what the heck? Let him take his time!!
  • starting to stand on his own. He actually took a few steps yesterday, but was then so excited that he couldn't repeat the action without letting his belly and head lead. Never works as well that way...
  • thoroughly enjoys the dogs. They are generally patient with him. Frank and Piglet are the most forgiving. Gemma has only nipped at him once (he tends to pull their hair instead of pet) and Tootsie just growls until he gets too close. Then she moves. :) I just have to laugh when they bow before the highchair waiting for niblets of his food to be dropped/thrown down. My mother commented one day that we needed dog treats and Michael asked, "Why? They have Andrew!"
  • Can say dada which means daddy and doggie.
  • Can say mommy which means mommy and everything else because it gets attention.
  • He's my most horrible sleeper, but who would want to sleep when they've had an average of one earache per month for the last four months? Tubes in the ears are looking mighty imminent.
  • Smiley, smiley, smiley!!! He smiles at EVERYONE! Very happy kid. We just have to figure out the ear thing and we'll be good.
  • I was really hoping for a blue-eyed child, but his have turned to a light honey color. They're going to melt somebody's butter someday just like they melt my heart.
  • He loves the water! He's fallen into my shower on several occasions, played in the toilet water, and cries every time I take him out of the bathtub. The kid is part fish.
I can't imagine my life without this little guy. Though he's not a cuddler, it's obvious he loves his Mommy and Daddy and we love him!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

How did I miss this post?????

I swear I read the one about school being cancelled but not this one!

I love the picutres :)