I was driving home by the hospital today and began to wonder about my luck (or lack thereof) in childbirth scenarios. Rebekah was born after a relatively hard labor, with a special team on hand and was whisked away because of her health problems. Patrick was a cakewalk labor and delivery and I felt as good as new two days later, but he also had a special team on hand. Andrew was a long labor that ended in an emergency cesarean (obvious special team) and I didn't get to hold him until several hours later. I also didn't get to see my other children for several days due to the swine flu outbreak. I pondered on the easy of the middle birth, situation, recovery and wondered why the others were so different. I didn't come up with a reason for the others being difficult, but it did dawn on me why Patrick was so easy. He was born 3 weeks after Bekah got home from her last open-heart surgery. She was still attached to an oxygen tank and was fragile. The Lord knew that we needed an easier delivery. He knew I needed a faster recovery. And He knew that Bekah needed her mommy back sooner than later. My eyes filled with tears as I recognized the hand of the Lord in that situation and I was grateful.
For various reasons, I needed to schedule a cardiology appointment for Bekah today. I always call about a month in advance to schedule because they get so backed up. In July I called hoping to get an appointment for late August or September and was told that the earliest I could be seen by that doctor was November! So when I called today I was not expecting anything shy of January. They told me December 16th!! I was pleasantly shocked. That is a miracle to me. I'm grateful for these experiences. It's taught me that faith is a powerful tool and that patience really IS a virtue.
1 comment:
I just had one of those experiences today, too. It wasn't quite as obvious of a mercy, but it certainly became one! it is on the blog ;)
Post a Comment