- The first week in December was spent in SLC. We had a check up with Dr. Ethridge (cardiologist) and then were scheduled to do a cath lab procedure to plug up one remaining hole in her heart. At the end of the appointment they concluded that everything had fixed itself on it's own and that she didn't need the procedure! This was a miracle in and of itself. That means that we should be able to go a few more years before having to go through that again. But it also means that her chances of ever needing open-heart surgery again are slim to none. Medicine has advanced enough that they do nearly all surgeries in cath labs now. That means less risk, less recovery time, less trauma.
- Christmas was wonderful. It was nice to carol with the family (we rock at caroling - it's a yearly highlight for all of us), spend time with my Dad and new step family, time with siblings on a more individual level, and to have time alone. All were priceless in different ways.
- The babies of the party. This was our JoySchool nativity presentation.The beautiful Mary. She watched over this baby all night and wouldn't take off her costume. :)
The trusty shepherd. He even said his part, "Come on guys! Let's go see Baby Jesus!"
- A new year is always invigorating, enlightening, and a little depressing in ways. I have goals, but they haven't been solidified into words or official goals yet.
- I've had so many thoughts of gratitude and perspective that I still feel but wasn't able to write down and therefore lost the words for the feeling. The long and short of it is that in the last two months the Lord has been exceedingly gracious in showing me my blessings in small and simple ways. I've been better able to see things as I usually do - with a silver lining and always finding the positive.
- Andrew started walking on Dec. 23rd. I still need to get footage for posterity, but he's officially a cute wobbly tower of destruction. :)
- Patrick is still inventing different positions to sleep in. This is the latest. As far as I can tell he removed his shirt after dinner because it had gotten dirty, gone potty, and didn't manage to get his pants up or up the stairs before loosing consciousness.
Now for your laughing pleasure: Andrew head-butting the dogs. This is especially funny if you know dogs at all.
2 comments:
The video is SO CUTE! He is a quickie on his feet! Rebekah is gorgeous-- I love her Mary costume! Patrick is hilarious. Sleeping on the stairs and then the shepherd. HAHAH!! I can't wait to see them! less than 3 weeks!
Patrick asleep on the stairs is hilarious!! Definitely the most original sleeping position I've ever seen!
Post a Comment