Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm on a Roll....

I took my Mom to the airport late yesterday afternoon.  It was a good visit and I'm glad she came.  But the pictures will come in a later post. 
Due to our adventure in the later afternoon, my normal schedule was thrown off.  The kids got to bed later than is desirable (as was evident by this mornings wailings and gnashings of teeth), I got distracted watching additions to "How to Train Your Dragon" on YouTube, and consequently forgot to take a late night dinner to someone I'd promised.  Fortunately, they reminded me in the form of "Are you coming?".
Eh, not too bad for a late night experience.  It was good to take it over and visit.
Then this morning happened.....  We wake at 6 a.m. in order to catch the bus at 7:40.  I know.  This seems like a lot of time, but Bekah has a REALLY hard time focusing on simple tasks like getting dressed and doing her hair.  She'd take 1.5 hrs to get dressed if I let her - and some mornings I do.  Besides that, breathing treatments are currently a need in our house and the darn things take 10 minutes each.  Here's the killer:  Andrew woke up yelling at 5:40 a.m. - put him in bed with me in hopes that we could all gain another 15 min sleep, Bekah came in to tell me not to forget to practice the piano with her before school at 5:45 a.m. (I told her it could wait another 15 min), and my alarm went off at 5:55 before I could get back to sleep.  Y.e.a.h.  I was not in the best of moods this morning.  Just after scriptures and prayer, Bekah's eyes filled with tears as she explained whatever injustice happened in the last 2 min, Patrick whined that Andrew coughed on him, and Andrew's out of diapers upstairs.  There's more, but I won't elaborate with details.  I want to go back to bed.
We made it downstairs after two breathing treatments.  I made Bekah's lunch while the kids ate breakfast and discovered that the fruit drawer had ice in it.  Half of the fruit had been frozen.  Double yea.  Got everyone out the door and realized 2 min later that Bekah's lunch was still on the counter.  Great.  Put shoes on and ran it out to her (fully out of breath, mind you). 

The fresh air was nice.  It gave me hope that the rest of the day will be okay.  Cleaned up breakfast and was about to take a nap when I saw the plastic fork I'd gotten out for Bekah's lunch still on the counter next to where her lunch sack had been....... 

3 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

You know how much I love real life through blogs. You are supermom. I would have just gone back to bed and let my kids fend for themselves. Haha. Maybe not, but I love this post. Thanks for sharing. :)

Beth said...

Um, well, tomorrow's got to be better right?! :)

Hannah said...

.... I have had nightmares about becoming like Mommy. And I keep becoming like her. I am afraid you and I are set up for this... Just get used to it :)