Friday, January 11, 2013

Laziness

Okay, it's been more like busy-ness.  But sometimes it feels like laziness.  My free time is becoming more and more unstructured and therefore wasted.  I think that happens mostly because I go, go, go until I can't go anymore and my energy and brain power are gone enough that I can't do anything useful in my down time.  I thought about doing a choir thing over Christmas for the fun of it, but I'm so glad I didn't.  I barely had the time to finish the things that I HAD to do (can I mention that I passed out Christmas cookie plates on Christmas Eve...) and didn't do many of the things that I really wanted to do - e.g. caroling.  I also think a large portion of this scrambled-ness is happening because I'm sapped of some of my normal energy and mobility because of the pregnancy.  Michael and I have talked a lot about whether this is the last one or not.  Jury's still out, but talks are serious.

But here's a picture montage of the last few weeks.  I didn't take any pictures of Christmas.  Boo.  I really need to get a real camera so I get motivated to take pictures.  iPhones are wonderful, but I don't feel they do active children very well.
 The kids love when Daddy is in charge of meals.  He's so much more creative and patient with food ingenuity than I am.  We do 'monkey sandwiches' all the time with PB and bananas, but this was 'monkey tree houses'. 


 I can't remember which boy took these pictures.  They're not flattering by any means, but that's not what I was going for....  It was one of those 'live-in-the-moment-and-have-fun-with-your-kid' moments.
 I got my hair done just before Christmas and love it.  I've kept my length because I can and love to do braids/ropes/fish tails, etc.  It's a little darker than usual and I have official bangs for the first time since 7th grade.

 I made caramels for the first time this season.  Loved how they turned out, but had a really hard time getting them out of the pan.  I'll have to try again soon to see if I can fix that situation.

 We got snow just before and after Christmas and Andrew relished the chance to play outside in it. 
A family in the ward called randomly one evening and asked if they could take our kids with them to a local tree farm/Christmas house.  Um....Sure!!  They each came home with a blinking Rudolph nose and had a great time!  We may have to go as a family next year.

5 comments:

Kristen Brady said...

Your hair looks great!

Hannah said...

I think the noses take the cake! Loved seeing those pictures!

Liz said...

The monkey tree house is very clever! I think your hair looks very flattering.

Esther said...

Um... I don't know which one takes the cake. They're all so fun!! I especially love little Andrew bundled up in his marshmallow coat. And the monkey tree house. And the funny faces from Mom. Okay, I love them all :)

chelsea mckell said...

I WANT YOUR HAIR!
Seriously, it's exactly what I've been thinking about doing. I want to keep my length, and get bangs for the first time since 6th grade! But my hair isn't naturally straight - it's wavy/frizzy/not fun. So we'll see if I get brave enough to copy you.