Dear Washing Machine,
You've always been a good friend. I could always count on you to keep my clothes free of obvious dirt and grim. You have been particularly helpful as we've gone through three children potty training at night and sicknesses with many more to come. You've always been there for me through 7.5 years and who knows how many before that for the previous owner. My only complaint is that I had a hard time washing my queen sized quilts with you. But, fortunately they were on my bed and didn't need to be washed terribly often.
Sadly, two days ago you got sick. I called a medicine man to help and we could decipher nothing obviously wrong with you. But I knew better. You weren't able to properly rid my clothes of all their water in the last cycle you ran. I knew you were gone - gone for good. I was sadden to lose such a reliable companion.
So the search began for find your replacement. Do you know how hard it was to replace you? Even despite your minimal capacity and features, it was hard to decide who was worthy enough (and within the budget...) to fill your normal place in our laundry room. We had to get rid of the agitator that you lovingly held onto for simple functionality. But other things: front loader vs. top loader? How much capacity was needed? Did you need a new companion dryer? Would our old one be large enough to handle increased loads? Did the new one need steaming capacity? Was there a certain brand that was more reliable than others? What kind of a rating would be good enough to follow in your wonderful footsteps?
Long and short of it is that the whole ordeal gave me a headache. I just wanted to be finished looking.
Finally we found the best possible washer/dryer combo we could for the money we would spend and it was unavailable until two weeks later!! Ugh! Could you just come back to life and save us the trouble of all this heartache? I miss you! After another hour of debate, we found a store who could deliver the desired combo pack by Monday and I would finally be able to wash the two pairs of pants that Andrew had accidents in the day after your death.
I know you didn't intend to leave us in such a lurch. After all, you didn't know when you would die, did you? I hope you earned a decent place in Appliance Heaven.
Your Faithful Friend,
Rachael
2 comments:
Never thought there were so many choices on a washing machine! The same thing happened when I lived in FL and I had to decide on a new AC. It was such a headache I swore off future experiences! How is the new one?
LOL! Our second hand set has been going (with us) for about 7.5 years as well. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!
Post a Comment