Lunch time in the airport. The kids were so VERY well-behaved. I was so proud of them.
Have I mentioned that I've never been good at getting pictures of myself???
Patrick was off getting the rental car with Daddy, so these two were my luggage helpers. They were especially helpful because I still had Elisabeth on my front.
Super excited about the suburban!!!
It was very late by eastern time, so we stopped by In-and-Out Burger.
Esther and Sariah watched the kids in the temple waiting room. We were grateful to have such great babysitters! Doesn't Esther look beautiful??
I guess the boys were more tuckered out than I realized...
Rebekah was so good and patient.
Lovely Sariah.
Well - neither one of us 20 anymore. But I love this girl.
I can't remember what brought this on, but I thought it was funny enough to include. Such grace...
Elijah and his bride Alyssa. The bride's mother made them aprons and she had them model for the luncheon so they wouldn't get anything dirty. :) Yes, Eli's looks like a vest and pants.
In the days following we spent a day at BYU with my family. From back to front: Mikey, Hannah, Nanny, Andrew, Esther, Sariah, Rebekah
We both realized on this trip that his shorts were a tad too short. So we hit up Kohl's when we got back and are happier now.
Boys cannot leave rocks or water alone. They would've thrown every.single.stone. into the water if we had let them.
Hannah came from work and was in 3 in. heels. Let's just say they went packin' soon after her arrival.
Youngest and oldest. Living together in Rexburg for nearly two years was very good for our relationship. After all, we are 14.5 years apart.
This chica was uber happy if she was on my front. It was a little taxing on my back and shoulders, but was by far the easiest way for transporting her.
Nanny: "Okay guys, let's get away from the water now."
(two minutes later) Nanny: "Okay boys, we really need to back away from the water. C'mon."
Boy + water = attracting magnets
Sariah played so well with the kids and especially with Bekah. She got to be the big sister that she never was. :)
Esther played as much as she dared, but was just getting out of her brace from ACL surgery. She had a scary fall at Eli's reception, but fortunately she had chosen to wear her brace under her dress that night. whew!
Choo-Choo!!
We all took a turn trying to grab the elusive dollar bill at the Eyring Science Center.
Races down the stairs. Esther was last and proud of it.
We started formula just before this trip and already she was starting to gain some weight.
Badly out of focus pictures, but two of my favorite people. When I get older, this is who I aim to be like. My Dad's brother and his wife. They've always been so kind and welcoming to us. I know they have their problems and issues, but I want Lorraine's drive to keep my hands busy and her kindness in always having her home open.
Planting tomatoes with Nanny.
I was looking forward to temple square so much and then Bekah exclaimed loudly, "This is SO BORING!!" I was dashed and hurt. Then my Mom reminded me that I was bored by it at that age too. Guess I'll cut the girl some slack and try to be patient. She'll grow out of it.
Splash pad area at the Gateway mall just a few blocks from temple square. I LOVE this picture of Andrew!!! I don't have any pictures of Patrick because he was in the most sour mood I've ever seen. Both he and Bekah (eager at first, but then discovered the water was cold) sat and pouted while they declared how stupid the place was for the first 1.5 hours. Andrew loved every minute! In the last 20 min the older two decided it wasn't too bad after all and played only to protest loudly when they were told it was time to go home. I can't win.
Our drive out to Teton National Forest and Jackson, Wyoming. So calming and beautiful.
We rode the ferry across Jenny Lake to hike Inspiration Point. This was definitely a highlight.
You can see Patrick behind me, but somehow I missed getting just him. :(
We all applied sunscreen, but I found a small patch on my upper arm that had been missed. I also forgot my chest. Bummer.
Patrick (followed by the other two) climbed every rock in sight.
Again, boy and water. This one made me a tad nervous because you could see how much water there was and how swift the current was.
My Dad still does two to three serious/hard hikes every year. The cartilidge in his knees are nearly gone, but he continues because he loves it. I hope I do the same!
Family Portrait. Michael had already gone home, so Sariah was gracious enough to come with me and help. We missed my step-mom Candy, but she's in full-time schooling and work. Hard to get away when you just took a week off for a wedding.
Hidden Falls. Full of spring thaw. While we were there we saw a blind girl being escorted by her mother. She simply reached out to feel the mist coming off the waterfall. It was humbling.
Another great face.
Me: "Pretend like the rock is falling on you." This is what I got.
At the end of the day we headed to Jackson for their Old West Shoot Out in the town square. As ridiculous as it was, the kids enjoyed it.
































































2 comments:
It looks like you all had so much fun and how great to have the family together in Idaho.
that was a lot of pictures. like a whole heap, man.
Post a Comment