I worked hard for the last two days to get my house in order. I grew up in a house that was generally clean, but always seemed to have piles everywhere: top of the stairs, three on different places in the kitchen, the junk drawers that's the catch-all, top of the dresser, etc. I'm trying to break that cycle. I try to keep my table clean and to clean off the counter tops once each day. Most of the time it happens. But then I work my tail off on days like today, but these are the main three rooms by the time the kids got to bed today.
Not horrible. But not what I worked for over the last two days.
"I feel like the maid. I just cleaned up this place! Can't we just keep it clean for 5 min!"
(Another movie quote... any guesses?)
3 comments:
Incredibles.. and that is exactly how I feel. Sigh...
I keep repeating to myself Pres. Monson's comment in Joy in the Journey. That we will one day miss it profoundly. Some days I really wonder. :) Then I watch old home videos and realize that all the sweet and wonder things I take for granted will be gone forever with it.
Why is it that I can't remember the quotes from the Incredibles??! But I do understand that feeling. I just deep cleaned the kitchen yesterday. And there are 2 pots, a bowl, and a plate in the sink. Ugh.
Yes! This happens to me all the time.
Post a Comment