No. It's not my birthday yet.
But after all that's happened, I wish that was the reason for this post.
At the beginning of the week I was in the midst of a bad cold. My head was terribly fuzzy. At the end of the day I pulled TWO tampons out of my body at the same time. I'm not sure how both of them got there at the same time and frankly, I'm grateful that nothing serious resulted from it.
Because of said cold, I've suffered from the d*%$ tickle cough that sometimes comes at the end of a cold. Thus, I haven't had tons of sleep the last two nights and felt like my throat was raw from coughing. The brain fuzziness has gotten better, but I feel like I'm still downing 5-6 20 oz. water bottles each day.
Two days after the tampon incident I decided that my water bottle needed to be refilled before heading on errands. So I grabbed it and headed inside. Before I got to the garage door I decided that I should fully empty it before filling it and began to drink. Then I hit the door with the bottle and the bottle hit my teeth hard. It hurt. I felt stupid. (I still feel stupid... but I can laugh about it now.) The next day I was at the dentist getting a routine cleaning and she mentioned a hairline fracture on one of my front teeth. "We've probably been watching it for a while now. Just be careful with it. Eventually it will just fall off." Um. I honestly think that happened when I ran into the door - with my face.
Here's the topper:
Tonight we are having hot dogs. Michael isn't home yet so it fell to me to grill them. I had him on the phone because I haven't turned the grill on enough times to remember exactly how to do it on my own. (I know, I should know how to do this. But I don't.) Gas on. Check. Hmmm. There is some sort of grassy/mossy something and cotton in the back corner.... Oh, well. One of the kids must've stashed it there.
So I fire it up. Two seconds later a mouse pops its head out of the green moss! Mouse nest. Yikes! I'm not a rodent lover, but I don't want to fry one in my grill either! Grill off. Lots of complaining to Michael as I try to fish the nest out and scare the mouse out of the grill. I uncover enough to realize there are babies in there! More whining and complaining to Michael. Why did THIS have to be a night that I was grilling and not him?? Forget it. I'm using the George Forman inside.
The next day Michael removed the nest and put it under the porch. I hope the mother can find her babies...

2 comments:
the tampon incident had me laugh out loud!
Boy, I stop in to check on my long lost friend and discover she is a baby killer! Poor little misguided mice. Bad house choice. I think this is a sign that you need to use your grill more.
Post a Comment