
I've been through my first real month of serious couponing. I'm pretty sure that I spent a good $50 less and sure came home with a lot more than usual. For example: I've never had more than two pkgs of toilet paper, one box of tampons, one bottle of dish soap or dishwashing detergent, Tide, or one tube of toothpaste before. I've never had more than 5 lbs. of ground beef in my freezer, a scent plug-in, or two options for quick cinnamon rolls before. I now do and I have more. Not tons yet, but more than I've ever had. There's a lot to be said for planning ahead. I'm very excited. I've heard a lot of people say "Well, they don't do coupons for things we buy. We buy fruits and veggies. Rice and bread." My rebuttal (though I've never actually said it) is if you spend a lot less on the other necessities (e.g. deoderant, medicines, TP, diapers, cereal, and even meat) then you can either spend the same on fruit and save on your over all bill, or you can spend more on fruit because you've saved on everything else. But I admit, couponing is not for everyone. I'm just thrilled that I've found one more way to save money and cut our expenses.
1 comment:
Wow! Good for you!
Post a Comment