So very out of order, I know. But like I said, I'm behind. So last year (2008) we drove down to St. George with the U-Haul in tow. This year we decided that we hadn't done enough driving on Valentine's and drove up to Rexburg. Hannah now lives in Florida and she was coming home for a week. We wanted to meet up with her as our chances of seeing her are now slim. So we drove. We left our short sleeved weather to go up to the snow. But it was worth it. We took the kids sledding, went to a session in the Rexburg temple (which we'd hadn't done yet), had a "music night", taught the kids how to have a pillow fight and spent an evening with my Dad while Mikey went night-boarding. It was great!
I'll do my best to get everything in there:

Most of us who participated in "music night". Really, we just wanted to sing and enjoy each other. I think Esther is in the middle of singing, Sariah is just watching, and Eli is preparing for his next entrance in the duet. Of course, Hannah's at the piano. We love that she has that talent. :) I hope she doesn't mind that we love it.
I love this because my kids are having such a marvelous time with their grandpa. But also because of the lovely background music to such hoolaganism. I think that's Sariah singing and Hannah is doing the "boy" part because Eli was absent for a moment. Ha!!

Joseph is always willing to play with Rebekah. I think that's why she loves him so much. He's a great uncle!! We love you Joseph!

The camera-lady with her distraught son.

Distraught son is better now due to the attentions of Daddy and Grandpa's large dog, Jasmine.

My cute little snow bunny before he decided to be clingy and strip all his snow apparel off.
Rebekah coming down the hill. She was in heaven.
Patrick on his second of two sled runs. I think he'll like it a lot more next year. At least he was still smiling. Right?
4 comments:
Love it. Your kids are so cute and so happy. Great to be with your family, I'll bet. That will be a memory to keep.
Aren't uncles the best for kids? I know my nieces and nephews just love all my younger, more fun, more energtic siblings. I think the parents really like them too ;)
Fun post - I love family music nights! Your kids are so cute with their pillow fight! I could easily recognize your Dad by how much he looks like your Uncle - who was my voice teacher at BYU - funny.
I LOVE THE VIDEOS!!! It was so fun to see what I missed out on (because I chose to stay warm). I am still glad that I chose that, by the way... hahahah
Post a Comment