We were in the Outlet Bakery. Rebekah and I were dubiously getting our bread and Patrick is usually thrilled to help - but he wasn't next to me.
M: (calling out) Patrick! Do you want to help get bread? (we were the only customers in the small store at the time.)
P: NO!! (the store's employees started laughing and snickering.)
M: Wellll, I guess I'm on my own then?
I went around the isle to find him fingering all the candy bags and had a good laugh. I wouldn't have wanted to help either!!

I was busy cutting up cantaloupe when Bekah suddenly said, "Mommy, Hea-vy Fadder is-a up 'ere!" I turned around to see her indicating the sky/heavens with both her hands in a gesture that I'd taught the jr. primary yesterday while subbing for music time. For those in primary, you know I was proud as a teacher and a mother.
1 comment:
I can't wait til we all get together again. I love those chickens of yours. They are so cute!
Post a Comment