Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm in Love



I haven't posted in a while, but we've suddenly become VERY busy over the last 5 days.
  • Our renters called and told us that they would have to break contract a year early and move out by August 1st.
  • Now we have to find new renters ASAP. That's not such a bad proposition, but I hate being 4 hrs south at times like this.
  • My in-laws fly in tomorrow and I'm so very excited!! But it means that there is a lot of prep and thinking to do beforehand. (e.g. Where is everyone going to sleep?, Where am I going to stash all of my nesting projects while they're here?)
  • This also means that my Orlando trip, as excited as I am for that, is looming in the very near future and I'm a little anxious. I haven't been on a trip by myself since getting married. I've always had either the kids or a husband in tow. It will be very different.

Anyhoo, I wanted to tell about my new love - the Ford Mustang. The sportiest thing I've ever been inside before was a 2009 Nissan Maxima. Pretty cool. But this took the cake. I had to get used to the view from a car whose hood extended straight out rather than sloping downward and away from the windshield, but I liked the feel of the car. Michael thinks we'll have to rent it sometime. I say we should BUY it sometime. Maybe in 20 years when I'm minivan free, I'll buy a souped-up Mustang. Then everyone can look at me and wonder what sort of middle-aged crisis I went through that caused me to buy a Mustang at my age. Haha!

4 comments:

Mark, Michelle, Tava, and Connor said...

Personally, I would rather have a Corvette but if you want to go to a lower class that is up to you.

Hohmann Family said...

Okay, fine Mark. You're right. Corvette would have it beat - but I'm going for something that would reasonably be within my budget here. Corvettes only exist in my dreams and on the St George freeway heading toward Vegas. (There were nine or ten in a row, for the record.)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you want a budget? Hit up the new Camaro. That'll be a new love instantly, no doubt. Much better car.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Mikey told Walt that he brought it home! How cool! What a great perk to his job! I bet ya'll had a blast!