Thursday, July 2, 2009

8 Things


8 things I did today:

  • Went to the Park with the kids and let Patrick soak himself in the splashpad and then announce to everyone, "wet!"
  • Cleaned two of three bathrooms
  • Started reading "New Moon" and I'm wondering if I want to continue. . .
  • Brainstormed for my portion of the reunion next weekend.
  • Tried to pay proper attention to two kids despite feeling very "out of touch" today
  • Told Bekah that her birthday was in a week.
  • Showered and actually got completely dressed = hair and makeup done (notice above photo. Doesn't happen too often.)
  • Forfeited making a real dinner for Eggo waffles, eggs and peaches. At least it's well-rounded?.

8 things I look forward to:

  • Michael getting home
  • Family reunion next week + ultrasound #2 + well-check appointments for the kids + Bekah's birthday party. I'll be glad when next week is over. :)
  • 4th of July - for once, we have plans
  • Reading with Mikey tonight.
  • Receiving and repainting the bunkbeds that I grew up on from my parents.
  • Eventually figuring out how to organize so I don't make myself crazy.
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. July 15th Baby!!!
  • Michael's parents coming at the end of the month and my trip to Orlando.

8 things I wish I could do:

  • Have more patience.
  • The ability to focus long enough to accomplish more than one thing per day. (This is not about not feeling adequate. This is simply a wish to focus. The extra thing could be playing with my kids longer than 5 min.)
  • Eat a more balance diet without having to work at it or think about it.
  • Learn to shut my mouth when it's not necessary to talk.
  • Live in the mountains.
  • Be able to afford to visit family more often.
  • Figure out what to do with my hair. I need something different, but I'm too traditional and scared to do anything drastic.
  • Be better with my communication.

8 shows I watch:

  • Colorsplash
  • Wifeswap
  • Reba
  • Deserving Design with Vern Yip
  • Curious George (I think it's cute.)
  • Disney Cartoons (movie form - we really don't watch that much actual TV)
  • Ummm
  • Any movie I can with Michael in the hour we get together at night.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love your 8 things!!! Yay!! I also love the picture...looking good! :)

Jill said...

I love your 8 things!!! Yay!! I also love the picture...looking good! :)

Mills Family said...

The colors and fonts of your blog make it almost 3D. Kind of crazy to read!! My personal opinion is don't give up on New Moon. I loved the whole series. And, good job on your 8 things accomplished. Maybe we all should make a list and it would help us feel better about our days. Good luck this coming week with all the stuff you have going on. Kate (Peterson) Mills

Beth said...

You're photo looks beautiful! Such a glow about you :)

Hannah said...

Just finished New Moon again. I'm over it. I have decided that I don't love her writing style. And I remember the first time I read the books... wasn't happy about the first 100 pages. I was DEVASTATED!!! This time around, I am annoyed that I let myself even get sucked in the first time. Needless to say, I am not excited about the movies and the hype that everyone else will be in. Heck, I haven't even thought about watching Harry Potter and that one looked REALLY good!