
I was filling out a tithing slip just now and had a spiritual light bulb go on in my head.
A week ago Friday Michael got a commission check that was much larger 1) than we were expecting, 2) than we've received before. We felt that because we were so blessed that we needed to increase our fast offering and give thanks to our Heavenly Father for our bounty. Last Monday I sent a billpay to ourselves for our tithing check to our ward. The possibility of this move presented itself Wednesday evening and was final by Thursday around noon. Coincidence? I've always assumed that the blessings of tithing would generally be monetary; because you are willing to give so much away, the Lord gives so much back to you. But I now believe that this move is a result of us paying our tithing and giving a generous fast offering. It's a tender mercy from the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment