Saturday, August 15, 2009

With Experience Comes Gratitude

Two experiences today:

I went grocery shopping with coupons in hand. Though I didn't come home with a receipt that said I spent $30 and saved over $100, I did come home with one that said I spent $36 and purchased 41 items. That's roughly $0.87 per item. Not bad when it includes pork chops, 8 boxes of cereal, 20 yogurts, 3 toothbrushes, etc. Yeah, it felt good. Just in case you didn't know, Kraft is in league with Albertsons until Tuesday to give you $25 worth of Kraft groceries for free. Albertsons gives you $5 back to go toward your next shopping trip and Kraft gives you a $20 mail-in-rebate. Not too shabby.

I love watching other people's kids cause I know it allows them to get out alone and because I know they will return the favor sometime so I can get out alone. But watching others' children gives me a new appreciation for the sorting that Heavenly Father does before we come down. It's great to know that my kids love me and that other children love their parents. We are chosen for certain families and I'm grateful for Heavenly Father's love and thoughtfulness. What a great plan of happiness!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Good for you volunteering to watch other people's kids. I don't like to! For the very reason of "sorting"--I just seem to do better with just my kids. When I do though, it seems I realize how lucky I am to not have the "mouthy" one, the "picky" eater, or the "tattle" tale. I wonder what other parents think of my kids. I'd take them over any other's any day.

Emily Petty said...

Good for you and coupons! And Amen to your other experience.

Christina White said...

It has been forever since I have visited your blog . . . sorry I am a slacker. I enjoyed reading your posts and I did not realize that you are pregnant!! Congrats!! a boy!! Fun to have brothers so close!! good luck with all!!

Much Love, Chris