Sunday, October 11, 2009
9:12 AM
I woke up to a typical Sunday morning - except that it was 30 min later than usual. Hoping that we could make up the time, we went to work. It all looked good until we got in the car and the clock read 9:12 AM. I wondered where the time had gone. We seemed to be doing so well at our last check of the clock around 8:45. Then I decided that it wasn't that important. Yes, I want to be on time. Yes, it's important to teach punctuality. It's true that the spirit is more likely to dwell with you if you are able to get there early to ponder and relax. But I decided that it was more important that we be there all in one piece (physically and emotionally) and be a little late than to stress about being there on time. I ended up learning a lot today and feeling a lot. It WAS better to be late than to be stressed. I can tell that it will be a life-long lesson for me. I love church and what I learn there. I'm grateful for all of Michael's help every Sunday morning to get us to church on time for the most part and that we make it there happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree with you. In our ward, they always have the back closed & chairs along the back blocking the cultural hall from everything else even after the doors are opened. We obviously need to try harder to get there in time so we don't have to wait for the back to become opened, but late is still okay with me. At least we are there and happy and ready to learn--when the back finally gets opened. :)
This sounds like a typical scenario at our house! I whole heartedly agree with your take on this problem!
Oh man - punctuality was a HUGE thing in our house growing up (i.e. if you're ten minutes early than you are on time, "on time" is LATE!), so it has been an adjustment trying to get my view of "on time" with the rest of the world's view. Kudos to you for making lemonade out of lemons - I'll work on my attitude there! :)
Yep, that is pretty much our Sunday mornings! I try to get everything done in a timely manner without completely ruining the spirit of the day. Really hard to get everything done when there's only one adult to do it!
Post a Comment