Monday, June 20, 2011

One more time to . . . no more daddy??

Michael here.  One of my rare blog posts.  You know life is passing way too fast when your children pass from the stage of wanting one more of everything including stories, hugs, tucking them in bed (again!), or whatever to not wanting to do that anymore because they are too old for it.  I just finished reading a story to Bekah (turning 6 in a few weeks), read scriptures, prayed with her then took her to her dark room to tuck her in to bed.  She promptly sent me away with a quick, "I don't need to be tucked in Dad (no longer "Daddy").  I'm not a little kid anymore."  :-(   It was very cute & very depressing at the same time!  Life passes too quickly!  Carpe diem!

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

oooohhh, sad! I'll have Brian read this too. I bet he can't imagine the day his little Brianna will think she's too old for him!

Good for you for posting too!

Hannah said...

I don't like that. I don't like that. I dont like that. :( :(