Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wha....???

I keep getting a love note each month from Rebekah's school.  I still owe the fee for kindergarden.  My child will not receive her report card until it is paid.  I'm fine with paying the fee.  But I never get to the school.  When I did go, the office was closed.  (It was parent-teacher conference time.) 
Forgive me, but I'm skeptical when it comes to just sending a check in Rebekah's backpack or her school folder.  I've obviously forgotten to call the school during business hours, 'cause it's still unpaid.  I doubt they'd take a credit card over the phone anyway.  I noticed on the latest love note that I could pay on the school's website.  After 15 min of trying to figure out how to navigate the site I finally found the link I needed. 
I read the introduction to the EZ payment system and found I would be charged $2.75 each month for the convenience of the service.  I understand needing a fee for a small organization to have the online payment convenience.  But I'm pretty sure there are some reputable, and mostly fee-free services out there.  $2.75???  per month????  Really??  Lamesauce.

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Agreed! I hate the convenience fee. So I don't pay it. Sorry people, not going to happen.