Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our Anniversary (4 months ago)

I have had the hardest time getting back on the blog wagon because I fell off so long ago and missed so many things that I thought I'd never be able to get back on.  But I'm going to try.  I miss writing about our family!

We had our 9 year anniversary back in April!  It was somewhat anti-climatic because we were moving shortly after that and were busy trying to find/buy a house in time to meet our deadline.  In the meantime, I still had kids at home, one going to school, etc., etc. 

Anyway, we did manage a very romantic dinner at the most expensive, but delicious restaurant that we've ever been to in our lives!  On a side note, we found our favorite Mexican restaurant around that same time too.  We also managed (by accident) to go on a boat ride.  Back when we got married we did a boat "tour" of Lake Tahoe on our honeymoon and scraped through our pockets to find the money to buy the picture that they charge you and arm and a leg for.  Turned out it was the only picture we had of our honeymoon, so I suppose the arm and the leg were worth it.  :)




This time it was a social networking event for Michael's job - and he got to take me along!  I was nervous about the pressure of making him look good, but I've found that all I have to do is be myself and people are much more willing to talk to you.  We make a good team.  I was always worried when I was dating that I would get a man who wasn't willing to wear the pants in the family and I would end up having to hold things up and run the house.  My personality and passion can be overwhelming sometimes.... not to mention was intimidating to a lot of the guys I dated.  But we balance each other out.  He admits I was intimidating at first, but he was willing to pin me down and show me that he had just as much passion as I did.  

Thus we found ourselves back on a boat "touring" the Ohio river exactly 9 years after our honeymoon schmoozing businessmen.  I talked him into getting the picture then too and when we figured out that it was almost 10 year later, we were really glad we'd paid another arm and a leg.  It's now going to be a tradition every 10 years of our married lives.

Funniest part is that we're wearing almost the exact same colors as before.  Totally an accident.  We're still happy as two turtle doves.  I love this man who continually works hard to provide for his family.  He loves me fiercely and shows it every day in the way he treats me and communicates with me.  We are so much alike and yet we work well together to get things accomplished.  As Tevia's wife exclaims, "For 25 years I lived with him, fought with him, starved with him.  For 25 years my bed is his!  If that's not love, what is?"  While not all of this is true for us, we've done the living, the sharing, a bit of starving/suffering and we've always known we could rely on each other for faith, love, hope, and help.



2 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

I love this. Happy anniversary to you! And I don't know that I've ever told you what a good looking couple you guys make! Seriously, you look like you were made for each other. You're so beautiful and he's quite handsome!

Hannah said...

Too bad you are standing on the wrong side... but it is ok! Especially since it was an accident