Patrick's Heritage Project included a little research about where our family originated from in Europe: England, Ireland, France, Germany, and Sweden.
Do you like the yak we used as an ox? It was the closest thing we had. I have to say that the only parts I did entirely were the wagon and the writing. He pretty much did the rest. I was proud of him.
I took a maternity shirt that I never wore and turned it into a piano book bag for Rebekah. Great fabric. Sewing still scares the pants off of me, but I'm getting more brave as I try projects like this that don't flop entirely. My first attempt was Patrick's scripture bag made from a pair of my old corduroy carpenter jeans. It was a tad trickier, and didn't have quite the same finished look.
Kids fall asleep in the funniest places, situations, and times. He headed up to change into pj's and 20 min later I realized it was quite. This was why. :)
We recently got some exercise equipment and I swear the kids use it more than I do. Hopefully that will change this next month...
Patrick tried to take a picture of my prego belly, but couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a clear picture. So this is what we get.
Andrew has destroyed more things than Bekah and Patrick combined. We turned off the fireplace one morning, I went to get laundry and by the time I was finished putting it in the washer I was smelling something funny. Perhaps later this year I'll get the gumption to recover this. But for now this part is against the wall and no one knows it's there.
Another Andrew adventure: he decided that having gum in his mouth wasn't good enough any more. Within two days he got some in his carpet and then on the couch. I've cleaned most of it off with olive oil to soften it and take the stickiness away, pick it out of the carpet and then using a carpet cleaner to take the oil out. If you want details, let me know. Fortunately, I can't tell where I've already cleaned it out so damage was very minimal.
I'll have to get pictures of the hubby and Rebekah. Both are doing well. Bekah turns 8 this summer so plans for her baptism have been in the works. She's very excited. Michael works hard each day and I honestly think his favorite part of the day is recounting the details, funny stories, and disappointments to me.






1 comment:
Love the picture of Andrew asleep with his naked self. I get in that position a LOT when I have to fart. And I don't think that was his situation...
Post a Comment