We have the cutest kids book called "Goodnight, Sam" about a little bear who won't go to bed until he gets his night-night kiss from mom. Only he doesn't say that - he keeps making his mother guess why he's still up and says, "Oh no, I'm waiting".
I'm 39.5 weeks along with baby #4 and am antsy as I can be. Please ignore the next few sentences as I complain, 'cause honestly, I don't have it that bad. It's just never fun to be at the end and not really have an end in sight. My ankles are swelling, every time I try to move in bed I get a shot of pain somewhere in my back. If I sit in the 'wrong' position, I get the same pain in my back. Sometimes she hits down low and sends my entire pelvis into pain. So really, not bad comparatively, but never fun when you're in the midst of it.
I've been hoping desperately that she would come early - like 1.5-2 weeks early. But it didn't happen. In fact, I haven't made any progress in two weeks. I'm stuck at a 2 and 60% effaced. I would go to bed each night with major anxiety simply hoping against hope that tonight would be the night. And then I wake up in the morning. :(
At church yesterday (where EVERYONE asks why you're still there and how your feeling) a good friend asked if I'd had a priesthood blessing yet. I knew I needed one. That was the part that was missing. I'd been wanting my way with this scenario for too long and in order to be able to move forward into the next week with any sort of direction or peace, I needed a blessing that I knew was coming from my Heavenly Father.
So after explaining my weepy predicament to my husband, he was able to lay his hands on my head and give that blessing. I always cry when he does this and it doesn't seem to matter who he is blessing. I'm significantly humbled that he has this power given him through God and that he uses it appropriately and worthily. I cried hardest when it was evident that I wouldn't go into labor that night. I really had to let it go. But I was blessed with peace of mind and body. That was effective immediately after the blessing and I felt much better.
Immense comfort comes from the Holy Priesthood of God. And I have it in my house. I'm truly blessed.
2 comments:
I love those moments of peace where you are allowed to cry and cry hard. I love your husband. in a platonic way, by the way :)
I hope you are no longer waiting for her arrival, but are snuggling now. I'm thinking about you!
Post a Comment