Michael has now been at the airport for two weeks. I've managed fine and been pretty happy with the arrangement thusfar. But he's scheduled for a week of closing shifts in a week or two and I'll need some good reading material to distract myself from the cleaning that needs to be done that I don't want to do. Please feel free to leave a list of 1-5 of your favorite books (any kind will do).
7 comments:
Hmm, books. I just finished rereading I Heard the Owl Call My Name. Other ideas, my sister read Flag of Our Fathers and really enjoyed it. You could get ready to read My Antonia with the city of Orem (even though you don't live in Orem). The city is part of the Big Read campaign and all October there will be events (for kids & adults) relating to the book going on at the Orem library. If in doubt a favorite classic is always a great idea!
You stretched it! Looks really good!
Ooh, does 'you stretched it' mean that you figured out how to stretch the usable/writtable space on your blog? Cause I've been trying to figure out how to do that on mine!
It does indeed! There are only a few options that Google offers that have "strech" in the title. It's under "change template" or something similar.
Hey you! This is Kristen Dorff, now Brady. I'm so excited that I found you! Check out my blog at missdorff.blogspot.com!
John Grisham and CS Lewis. These men are lifesavers. I'll leave you a few of my favorite of their books. Check them out if you haven't!
The Pelican Brief-JG
The Firm-JG
The Last Juror-JG
The Screwtape Letters-CS L.
Mere Christianity-CS L.
The Great Divorce-CS L.
Also, if you're into some heavy reading, Executive Orders by Tom Clancy is quite a good one. But we're talking a huge book, with multiple different plots, that don't come together until about halfway through the book. Lovely, eh? Also Eragon series reccomended if you haven't seen them. Don't you love me and my book nerdiness? :(
Oh, and The Pilgrims Regress for CS Lewis. Though that one took some real thinking on my part. Hurt my brain to connect his writing to Christian theology.
Post a Comment