Sunday, September 16, 2007

Never ending laundry

I truly hope that I'm not the only mother out there who feels she is constantly in some stage of the laundry process. I did manage to get all but one load through the washer and dryer yesterday, but those are still sitting on my couch to be folded. On top of that - as soon as the kids' clothes are through the wash, one of them manages to pour something down their front, have a spit-up attack, or poop in the clothes they are currently wearing. Such was the drama in the last two days. The first two could wait to go through the "wringer", but the last is in almost instant need to be taken care of. So I ask (and this may be posed simply to the wind as I may be the only one with this problem), is there any end, temporary or permanent, to the wicked laundry cycle? If you have any solutions or suggestions, please let me know. :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'd say, just stop doing laundry! Instead, keep buying new clothes and toss out the old ones! I just might try it myself - I don't think Andy would ever notice ;)

Melyssa said...

If it makes you feel any better, a load of laundry I washed and dried on Saturday is still in the dryer and we are just picking through it as we need some whites :)

Grandma and Granpa McMurdie said...

Okay--Aunt Bonnie used to do a load of colors and a load of whites everyday--and I had a basket system in the laundry room so that I could fold as they came out of the dryer. Then the kids were responsible for taking their basket to their rooms to put away. It drove me crazy to have clothes lying around. That was one of my hurry-up-and-get-it-done tasks so I wouldn't have to deal with it the rest of the day. Hang in there--you'll always have laundry. Love, Aunt Bonnie