Friday, January 23, 2009

What Do You Mean I'm Not 20 Anymore?

I played church basketball last night with my ward. I'm proud to announce that I didn't die on the court as I thought I would. Breathing was generally okay. But I have more bruises, scrapes, and floor burns than I ever thought I could gain from one game - and in spots that I didn't know could bruise. Guess my body's not 20 anymore. Michael's comment on the whole affair, "Gee, I'm glad that I don't have to play with the girls. You guys are brutal!" I have to agree. 'Course the team we played was on the competitive side. Hopefully next week will be better.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, I didn't know church teams actually compete. Good luck!

Generational stitcher said...

This cracked me up. I am not a athletically inclined person, but my dad had to quit playing church ball because of injuries.