Monday, January 12, 2009

Stupid Mom/Redeemable Mom

Just in case any of you are wondering -- If a glass bottle of olive oil breaks and splatters across your floor you will need three tools for the main clean up: broom, paper towels (a lot of paper towels), and 409 cleaner.

The Whole Story:
I was attempting to put the olive oil away. I turned to open the pantry door, but it refused to open. It was being stopped by a bouncy ball that was behind the door (unbeknowns to me). But my body continued to move toward the pantry despite it not being open and available. I ran my head into the door, dropped the bottle, and screamed with frustration and pain. End result was a lot of olive oil and glass to clean up. I was so mad at first with my stupidity and wanted to kill the stupid bouncy ball. Now I'm laughing at the retarded situation and nursing a pretty decent bump on my forehead. I had to sweep the glass up with my broom (= oily broom), mop up the oil with a LOT of paper towels, give the broom a bubble bath to get the oil out, and then 409 the whole floor by hand. A long messy process, but it's done and I no longer have to worry about my children's safety in the pantry. Besides, now I have a clean broom. ??

I have a lot of other things to post, but they will come at a later date.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I don't know if I have anything to say other than you have the best stories. It'd be fun to meet with you for lunch (not going to happen) and just listen to all the stories you have. I'd eat and listen and you'd get to talk your heart away. :) I bet you and Michael have pretty good dinner conversations. Chad comes home and I always think, why don't you tell me about your day I don't wanna talk!

Katie Phillips said...

I'm always afraid I'd drop the glass olive oil, so I always buy the EV Olive Oil in the plastic container. Walmart's brand (the one around $5) is now in plastic. Yay!

Emily Petty said...

Now that is a funny story! But not a fun mess to clean up!

Hannah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Generational stitcher said...

We have a similar story from 05...I was about 6 months pg with #4 we were making cookies and the whole thing of eggs got smashed...yea..some days are better then others :)

Christina White said...

That is something that I would totally do. Once I dropped a full gallon of milk on the kitchen floor and I was so stunned that I watched it for a second, just gushing out milk everywhere, before I realized that I should pick it up! Huge puddle of milk on the floor. Not fun. I was worried that I would have sour milk smell forever on my floor . . . but it was alright.